Beat the heat and get out of the sun! Let's get together and have some fun!!
This sewing and needlework mini camp is perfect for beginners who are looking for exposure and guidance in hand sewing, machine sewing, cross stitch, and embroidery.
Each learner will complete at least (4) projects:
- 1 hand sewn
- 1 machine sewn
- 1 cross stitch
- 1 embroidery
Bonus projects will also be available if learners complete their projects and have more time available.
Not only will we be having fun creating projects, your learner will come away knowing the parts of the sewing machine, how to thread needles, what supplies are needed for cross stitch and embroidery (and how they are similar and different) and so much more! I am so excited to work with your child!
Your learner is ready for this mini camp if:
- they are between the ages of 7-12 and enjoy being around new friends.
- they understand that a hobby like sewing and stitching is a nice relaxing tool to have and our camp environment will be calm - we will chat, put on some music, and get our projects done in a small supportive environment.
- they are okay with a drop off setting. Space does not accommodate for parents to stay.
- Is there an additional supply fee?
- No! The camp fee includes ALL supplies for EVERYTHING.
- Where is the camp being held?
- Sewing and Needlework for Beginners is being held from my home in NW Port St Lucie - in a Torino neighborhood (exact address will be provided in an email after registration). I have a home office with my sewing room already set up with my machine and supplies - this will be fun for the kids to see! And, as a homeschool parent, I have multiple comfy areas for our learners to sit to complete their projects with me and our new friends. All machine sewing will be supervised 1:1.
- How small is the camp size?
- Each week will only have 6 learners, so everyone has plenty of individual attention.
- Mini camp runs Tuesday - Friday from 2-4 pm. There is no camp on Mondays.
- Multiple fabric choices and thread colors will be offered! The pictures are just samples for the colors.
- All genders are welcome for this camp! My husband is an avid cross stitcher too, so if we have boys sign up, I can convince him to hang out with us one day :)
- On Fridays we will set up all our projects and invite parents to come look at everything like a little show!
- My website will charge you a $4 shipping fee since I ship everything else from my website, but this will be refunded to you ASAP.
- I will email you after registration to get your child's name/age and provide my exact address.
Any and all questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. THANK YOU!! I can't wait to work with your child and see their love for sewing and needlework grow!!